Dubai has, for several years, been a leading destination for tourists and those planning a more permanent move to the UAE. Its proximity to world-famous attractions, developed infrastructure and wide variety of luxury real estate are the main attractions for these potential tenants. In the Emirates, there is a demand for several different types of housing, from spacious studios to exclusive penthouses and villas.
- Popular areas for apartment rentals
- The best areas for luxury villa rentals
- Location is key
- For young professionals
- For sports enthusiasts
- For nature lovers
- For beach lovers
- For families with children
- The pros and cons of renting real estate
- We will help you buy luxury real estate in Dubai
Dubai’s central districts are still the most popular among those who are looking to rent property in the Emirates due to their comfortable living conditions.
Although rental costs have continued to rise steadily, the demand for luxury housing has not shown any signs of slowing down.
The most popular areas where you can find luxury apartments are:
- Dubai Marina. An increased demand has led to an increase of up to 6.5% in the average rental cost. You can now rent a 1-bedroom apartment for $16,607, a 2 bedroom for $25,592, and a 3 bedroom for $36,482.
- Downtown Dubai. This area is attractive for tenants who prefer living close to the luxury shopping malls, fine restaurants, and many places of interest. You can rent a 1–bedroom apartment for $20,963, a 2-bedroom apartment for $32,670, and a 3-bedroom apartment for $58,535.
- Palm Jumeirah. This is a luxury area chosen by those who prefer to live in a coastal community. The cost of renting a luxury apartment with 1-3 bedrooms varies from $29,403 to $44,650.
- Jumeirah Beach Residence. This is an area with convenient access to the beaches, landscaped parks and recreation areas. The average rental price of apartments with 1-3 bedrooms is $20,147 - $33,759.
For those who want to buy a luxurious, spacious villa in a prestigious area of Dubai, there are excellent residential real estate options in different parts of the Emirates:
- Jumeirah. This area along the coast is popular due to its proximity to the beaches, shopping malls, various restaurants, and other infrastructure. Luxury villas with 3 bedrooms are available to rent for $47,100, 4 bedrooms for $60,985, and 5 bedrooms for $86,577.
- Al Barsha. This area has various property with a convenient transport system and is close to the main attractions. You can rent a 3–bedroom villa for $45,194, a 4-bedroom villa for $59,079, and a 5-bedroom villa for $84,944.
- Umm Suqeim. This is a bustling part of the Emirates and is known for its highly rated schools and convenient location. You can rent a luxury villa with 3 bedrooms for an average of $46,283, 4 bedrooms for $62,619, and 5 bedrooms for $95,017.
When it comes to renting in Dubai, location is everything. Choosing the community that’s right for you and your lifestyle can greatly improve your quality of life. Sometimes, what suits younger working people may not necessarily suit couples with children, or pensioners.
Working people and single business people need to live in a modern urban environment near business centers, entertainment venues, restaurants, gyms and spas.
The following areas of the Emirates are the best choice for those seeking accommodation in the more vibrant parts of Dubai:
- Downtown Dubai;
- D.I.F.C. (Dubai International Financial Centre - DIFC);
- Business Bay.
These communities have everything for a fast-paced and active lifestyle: gourmet restaurants serving food from all over the world, the biggest shopping centers and the most popular entertainment establishments in Dubai. And don’t forget the famous attractions: the Burj Khalifa Tower, the Dubai Mall and the Dubai Fountains.
There are many rental options in Dubai for those who want to live an active lifestyle. Most of the well-known communities have amenities such as walking and running tracks, tennis and basketball courts, swimming pools and numerous gyms and fitness studios. Some communities also have award-winning golf courses.
For those who prefer an active lifestyle, the following areas are suitable for renting luxury housing:
- Jumeirah Golf Estates;
- Motor City;
- Dubai Sports City.
These communities offer a wide range with various options of spacious small and medium-sized apartments, as well as luxury villas and townhouses.
For most people, the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about Dubai is that it is a concrete jungle of high-rise buildings. This is not quite true; there are many different oases in the Emirates far from the hustle and bustle of the metropolis.
For those who prefer to live among the lush greenery and well-maintained parks, closed communities suitable for renting property can be found in the following areas:
- Jumeirah Islands;
- Jumeirah Golf Estates;
- Arabian Ranches;
- The Greens.
Luxury villas with swimming pools and spacious townhouses are available to rent here.
For those who cannot live without the scorching sun, sea, and golden sand, there’s an excellent choice of real estate to rent in the coastal areas of Dubai. The other benefits of staying in this part of the Emirates is that there is an unforgettable view of the Persian Gulf and direct access to the beach from the doorstep of your accommodation.
You’ll find the largest selection of rented properties in luxury areas in:
- Palm Jumeirah;
- Jumeirah Beach Residence.
The proximity to the beaches, developed infrastructure and wide choice of apartments and villas for rent make these megalopolis communities extremely popular.
Despite the glitz and glamour, Dubai is also known for its comfortable, modern lifestyle and access to schools, kindergartens, health centers and many other amenities. It’s important for parents that their children are able to grow up in a safe environment with better living conditions.
When it comes to finding an area suitable for raising the younger generation, the best areas for renting premium real estate are:
- Bur Dubai;
- Al Barsha;
- Arabian Ranches;
- The Springs;
- The Lakes;
- Emirates Hills.
In these communities, you can rent both luxury apartments, luxury villas and townhouses. In addition to their proximity to children's educational institutions and medical centers, there are numerous places for families with children to relax: playgrounds and sports grounds, landscaped gardens and amusement parks.
Dubai has many people, both local and foreign, who are interested in investing in elite properties. However, not everyone has decided whether to either rent or buy property in the Emirates.
Therefore, there is a need to weigh and assess their financial situation and consider their short and long-term objectives before making investment decisions. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of renting a property in Dubai that might help you better decide on your future investments.
The advantages of renting:
- You don’t need to spend a lot of money. Payments for long or short-term rent, registration and other fees are much lower than the amounts that the buyer must pay under a sales contract.
- This is a temporary commitment. Real estate rentals are ideal for those who do not want to stay in one place for too long. There is no need to do repairs and worry about property taxes - this is the landlord’s job.
- There is ease of movement. Most young employees have unpredictable schedules. New job offers can come from different parts of the country or the world, so it is easy to terminate your lease agreement and move to another place.
The disadvantages of renting:
- There are restrictions. Since the tenant is temporarily using the property, it cannot be transformed, rebuilt or the layout changed.
- Increased rates. The increased demand for Dubai real estate in the last few years has led to an increase in rental costs. It does not make long-term rental housing investments very profitable in terms of investment opportunities.
- Lost profit. Real estate rentals are good for short-term investments. However, if one calculates how much one has been spent over the rental period, it becomes clear that a large amount of money has been spent with no material value to the lessee in the future.
Are you looking for premium property in Dubai? Start with Dubai-Luxury Property. Our experienced specialists will help find you the ideal housing option and help you invest properly.